Research Specialist - Department of Physical Therapy
The University of Illinois at Chicago
January 12, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
The Department of Physical Therapy in the College of Applied Health Sciences at the University of Illinois at Chicago seeks applications for a research specialist. The primary responsibility of the position is overseeing the implementation of research projects in the laboratory or Dr. Shane Phillips. Specifically the successful candidate will have experience with research in exercise training and exercise physiology. Primary responsibilities will include human subjects recruitment, preparation of regulatory paperwork, coordinating exercise testing and exercise training protocols for the completion of clinical research studies, performing vascular analysis and imaging, data entry and data analysis. However, other duties may be assigned to support the research activities of Dr. Shane Phillips.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) In consultation with the principal investigator, directs and performs exercise testing, vascular testing, and exercise training studies
2) Organizes and monitors laboratory supplies, directs ordering and maintains inventory
3) Assist with the development and implementation of research protocols
4) Coordinates and assists the with duties to research assistants in the laboratory
5) Records and maintains accurate records and communicates summaries of experimental results
6) Assists and coordinates recruitment and scheduling of research subjects as needed.
7) Performs vascular and cardiovascular risk marker testing
8) Oversees quality control and regulatory requirements of the laboratory including IRB.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Applications are requested by January 30, 2018. All applicants must submit an online application through jobs.uic.edu. To apply, click on the following link: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=89632
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in health, physiological sciences, or exercise physiology and 3 years of related research experience including 1 year as an exercise physiologist, physical therapist, or as a research coordinator for clinical trials. Previous experience with human vascular function will also be considered.
Located in the heart of one of the world’s great cities, the University of Illinois at Chicago is a vital part of the educational, technological and cultural fabric of the region. As Chicago’s only public research university with 30,000 students, 15 colleges, a hospital and a health sciences system, UIC provides you access to excellence and opportunity.