Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Performs vascular ultrasonic diagnostic tests for patients as ordered.
1. Prepares exam rooms for procedures including cleaning and stocking supplies and linens.
2. Performs vascular studies according to protocols and ICAVL standards.
3. Interprets vascular flow and makes adjustments in imaging to provide a complete exam.
4. Documents exam results on the preliminary report and communicates findings with the ordering physician and vascular surgeon as appropriate.
5. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of PACS system.
6. Demonstrates competence in performing technical skills with equipment such as Philips Iu22 and Unetix system.
7. Works closely with Central Scheduling and ED to make adjustments with the patient schedule based on patient acuity and work flow.
8. Maintains patient data files for QC and accounting purposes. Accurately assesses daily charges and edits billing as necessary.
9. Can plan, organize, and prioritize work effectively and independently. Meets deadlines and completes assignments within specified time frames. Uses time and resources effectively to meet goals.
10. Exhibits a positive attitude and flexibility in adapting to new situations and changing work responsibilities. Is open to suggestions and constructive criticism and able to utilize input from others. Seeks out acceptable solutions in conflict situations.
Education: High School diploma/GED preferred or equivalent experience required. Combined formal didactic and clinical training to meet the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS),Registered Vascular Technologists (RVT) prerequisites for certification. OR combined formal didactic and clinical training to meet the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), Registered Vascular Sonographer (RVS) prerequisites for certification. OR a graduate of an accredited sonography program.
Experience: One (1) year preferred
Licenses/Certifications: Required: American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), Registered Vascular Technologists (RVT) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or Registered Vascular Sonographer (RVS) or eligible once required clinical vascular experience is met. American Heart Association (AHA) BLS certification.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.