PeaceHealth is seeking a Communications Operator - Communications (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 155459
This position is responsible facilitating communications through appropriate operation of one or all of the following: the telephone console (switchboard); physician answering service; overhead paging; two-way radios; and pager system.
1. Operate a telephone console (switchboard), directing incoming operator-assisted and outgoing calls to appropriate individual, departments and outside contacts; respond to emergency codes; dispatch security; provide information to people in lobby. May also be required to notify by overhead, two-way radio and beeper system. Overhead paging as requested.
2. Extend and respond appropriately to all calls, codes, alarm panels and disaster plans wherever needed.
3. May be required to operation physician's answering service and handle trouble reports by working directly with the physicians.
4. Additional duties may include: announcements as needed, assisting with directories, keying in daily telephone statistics, saying the evening prayer, announcing visiting hours are over, receiving house census from nursing supervisors, other routine clerical/data entry tasks as requested.
5. Report status of console operation to relief when leaving switchboard, including pertinent information about hospital staff and events. Report system trouble to telephone technician as directed.
6. Provide back-up assistance to other departments as directed.
7. Operate other communication and emergency systems as required.
8. Dispatches requests for multiple services as required.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience working in a medical office/hospital setting preferred. Previous operator or switchboard and clerical experience preferred.
Strong interpersonal skills including high degree of courtesy
Ability to maintain professional level of communication in a high stress fast paced environment
Exceptional attention to detail
Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills
Proficient computer/keyboarding skills required.
Ability to make decisions without direct supervision
Good spelling and penmanship
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Bellingham , St. Joseph Medical Center (216) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Variable Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 0.0 Work Type: Per Diem/Relief Hourly compensation starts at: $ 13.70 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Other - Allied || Per Diem/Relief || FACILITIES SVCS
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.