PeaceHealth is seeking a Assistant Nurse Manager - Clinical Decision Unit (Temporary) for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 154964
The position is responsible for providing managerial assistance to the Nurse Manager. This position is directly accountable to the Nurse Manager and is responsible for support in the following areas: hiring; staffing and scheduling; orientation; performance assessment; budget monitoring; maintaining and establishing patient care standards; policies and procedures.
1. Demonstrates compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse Practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients and assistance to their families and visitors. Proactively implement measures to promote a safety climate on the unit, considering the inter-relationship of people, tools and environment in which are is provided.
2. Provide leadership, management and communication skills to department.
3. Assist Nurse Manager in planning, recommendation, and implementation of clinical service delivery. Recommend policy changes which enhance nursing ability to achieve top quartile performance.
4. Assist Nurse Manager with the staff supervision, counseling and documentation of personnel actions.
5. Assist Nurse Manager with the evaluation of work performance and performance assessments.
6. Promote, establish and maintain open communication.
7. Assist Nurse Manager with budget monitoring.
8. Assist with the supervision and direction of the department Clinical Educator.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
Minimum of three years applicable nursing experience required.
Two years of supervisory/leadership experience in health care organization preferred.
Financial and budgetary experience.
Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing required.
Specialty certification preferred.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
ACLS and/or ENPC may be required.
Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications.
ST JOSPEH PHSYICAL/COGNITVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Bellingham , St. Joseph Medical Center (216) Job Category: Nursing Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Temporary Hourly compensation starts at: $ 47.33 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; ENPC; Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.