PeaceHealth is seeking a LPN Chronic Disease Coord - Bellingham (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 152767
Coordinates integrated care delivery across selected populations to improve clinical and financial outcomes through the implementation of health and disease management programs. Functions as a core member of the interdisciplinary care team and may fulfill several roles and responsibilities within scope of practice.
1. Coordinates and integrates care of selected populations by managing chronic disease registries and conducting outreach using various program delivery methods. Evaluates reports and acts on outlier data based on criteria set forth by the PHMG Quality Committee and/or appropriate regional disease management program and/or performance improvement committee(s).
2. Under Care Manager supervision, case manages a panel of patients, including implementing care plans and utilizing tracking tools, coaching for activation, providing education, patient/family support and coordinating with other care providers and resources.
3. Works with discharge planners and coordinates transitions of care, arranging warm handoffs between the clinic and hospitals, emergency departments or care facilities. Facilitates the sharing of information across people, functions, and sites.
4. Performs initial health screening per established protocols, resolves patient inquires within scope, and escalates patient inquiries beyond scope to RN Care Manager via warm handoff.
5. Participates as a proactive team member of a patient-centered medical home, and performs other duties as assigned.
6. Under the oversight of provider, may be responsible for telephone triage using age-specific triage protocol books and computerized resources.
Graduate of an accredited LPN program required.
Two years of experience in an outpatient care setting for LPNs preferred.
Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred. Experience or training in motivational interviewing or coaching for activation preferred.
Current unencumbered LPN license applicable to state of practice required.
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members
Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment, including Microsoft Office applications.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills including basic understanding of motivational interviewing techniques
Strong writing skills
Effective telephone communication skills
Strong customer service skills
Ability to adhere to quality, safety and infection control standards
Ability to manage personal growth, taking initiative to meet challenges within the team care environment
Effective prioritization skills
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Bellingham , Cordata South Building (208) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Variable Shift Length: Variable FTE: 0.0 Work Type: Per Diem/Relief Hourly compensation starts at: $ 21.33 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Licensed Practical Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, LPN || Per Diem/Relief || CLINICAL SUPP SVCS
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.