PeaceHealth is seeking a Histotechnician - Pathology Technical for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Variable shift with shift durations of Variable .
Req ID: 152366
Performs tissue processing, embedding, sectioning and preparing special stains. Assures quality standards for preparation, processing and evaluation of specimens for diagnosis by the Pathologist.
1. Processes specimens to include: performing embedding techniques for surgical and autopsy specimens; performing routine and special stains for diagnostic interpretation.
2. Performs microtomy techniques to produce high-quality tissue sections for diagnostic interpretation. Prepares reagents utilized to aid diagnostic interpretation.
3. Files paraffin blocks and slides for efficient retrieval.
4. Performs data entry, lookup and retrieval of information.
5. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment to maintain maximum operating efficiency. Maintains records and documentation required to manage the daily workflow and providing quality control/assurance monitors.
6. May perform CAP (College of American Pathologists) compliance duties to include: periodic record reviews; equipment and test validation; development and maintenance of policy, procedure and guidance documents; proficiency testing and competency management; CAP inspection preparation, assessment and follow up; and technical and procedural advisement and referral.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree or equivalent in relevant field of study.
Minimum of one (1) year related experience.
Certified as a Histotechnician by ASCP preferred.
Working knowledge of tissue collection, preparation, and test requirements and factors affecting test interpretation in responding to inquiries.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office programs.
Physical/cognitive requirements are not available at this time
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Southwest Medical Center (150) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Variable Shift Length: Variable FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 25.69 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Lab Services || Full Time || TESTING SERVICES
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.