Job Code: 06264-95100
Nights (rotating weekends)
Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women's and children's services. Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospital continuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community's healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation. We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission's Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Please visit our website at http://medicalcitymckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more....
RN / Registered Nurse
Seasonal Position for: Progressive Care Unit/ PCU
Seasonal Program Runs October 1 st , 2017 - May 12 th , 2018
Completion Bonus: Paid after the successful completion of 16 weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period.
Work Schedule: PRN Nights 7pm-7am (must be flexible). All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
The Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse performs direct adolescent, adult and geriatric patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Cardiovascular Service Line.
· Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
· Maintain a safe and therapeutic Telemetry / Progressive Care environment.
· Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual PCU/Telemetry patients.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
· Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
· Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver.
· Participate in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
· Promote a supportive PCU/Telemetry environment.
· Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse externs.
· Maintain high quality [age specific] care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned.
· Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization
Job Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience/Licensure/Certifications):
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 11/17/2017
Apply for this job