Job Code: 01574-80497
Nights (rotating weekends)
The ED Critical Care Technician I has military healthcare training and is part of the Emergency Department patient care team who collaboratively works in a complementary and assistive role with nursing. The ED Critical Care Technician I performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of the registered nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all Hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Consistently maintains adequate stocking and restocking to PAR levels of patient care supplies
and equipment kept in the department.
2. As delegated, sets up for Emergency Department procedures and assists the RN as directed.
3. As delegated by the RN, operates patient monitoring equipment, records, rhythm strips, runs 12
lead EKGs, biomarkers and glucometer readings.
4. Performs phlebotomy, collects laboratory specimens as ordered and inserts saline lock, foley
catheter and nasal gastric tubes under the direction of the RN.
5. Assist in patient care, obtains and documents vital signs, provides patient hygiene, maintains clear
and respectful communications with patients, families and the healthcare team.
6. Transports patients to radiology and nursing units utilizing appropriate transport and monitoring
1. Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
2. Experience: 10 weeks of basic combat training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in-patient care
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. CPR, ACLS, PALS (within 6 months of hire), ED Safe (within 90 days of hire)
Last Edited: 11/16/2017
Apply for this job