Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- HS Diploma and 3+ years experience with reactive chemistry in pilot or production plant or synthesis laboratory (Or Associates Degree or certification in Chemistry or related field with practical laboratory or pilot plant experience) is required.
- Working knowledge of chemical equations, reactive chemistry, pH, and physical chemistry effects on materials required.
- Prior experience with computer based process control systems and Microsoft based programs (Excel, Access, Word) including file transfer and organization required
- Must be able to lift 20 Kg, handle 55-gal drums on occasion.
- Willing to handle OSHA hazardous materials including mutagens, carcinogens, developmental toxins
- Must have flexibility to adapt to changing work schedules and functional areas from week to week with frequent afternoon shift requirements and occasional midnight shift and overtime requirements.
- Familiarity with P&IDs, PFDs, PHA, HAZOPs (or similar), Management of Change, SDS desired
- Knowledge and experience with process control, interlocks, pumps, vacuum jets desired
- Safe chemical handling certification and ability to operate Fork Lift desired
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the... current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.