The Courier/Warehouse Clerk is responsible for performing courier related functions and inventory management responsibilities for various locations throughout Dean Medical Group.
1. Provides distribution services by:
a. Follows and holds to a set schedule for the pickup and delivery of supplies and equipment to the clinics in a timely and organized manner.
b. Works independently to meet other couriers at a central location to exchange product for delivery to other clinics.
2. Assist other drivers as time permits by offering assistance.
3. Screens items at each destination to assure all deliverables reach the appropriate site.
4. Communicate over the two way radio in a timely and professional manner.
5. Transport and lift products and goods in a manner that is safe and protects patient confidentiality at all times.
1. Assist in maintaining a neat and orderly warehouse operation by assuring orders are picked, packed, entered and placed in the appropriate location for delivery.
2. Picking and order entry must be done in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Periodically count the number of items on the shelves remaining to assure an accurate inventory count.
4. Upon receiving product from the distributors, assure that items are shelved and placed in the appropriate place.
5. Assist couriers and the delivery truck by helping load their vehicles.
6. Is able to function in a variety of settings (order entry, receiving, mail room, print shop, picking, packing and storage of product).
7. Cleans, processes and packages items to be sterilized and returned to the appropriate location for distribution.
8. Sorts and processes mail and supplies to be delivered to specific sites.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Knowledgeable of inventory control systems and storeroom practices
3. Ability to use a computer and keyboard
4. Valid driver license with driving record consistent with fleet safety policy.
5. Ability to communicate in a calm and respectful manner in stressful situations
1. Experience as a delivery driver
2. Experience working in a fast paced warehouse environment.
3. Business educational background
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. The majority of job tasks are performed while standing.
2. Ability to occasionally work for extended periods of time (more than 4 hours each day) on a computer.
3. Ability to hear conversation, both in person and on the phone. Extended phone use is required while also working on the computer or writing.
4. Ability to read fine print while working on the computer or reading purchase requests / literature.
5. Ability to frequently and safety lift, carry and to push/pull boxes, equipment, mail tubs, dock plate and other items weighing more than 50 pounds and occasionally items weighing up to 100 pounds.
6. Ability to frequently walk up/down stairs and in adverse weather conditions while carrying boxes, mail tubs, medical chart bags, and other items with weights described above.
7. Ability to physically maneuver a pallet jack and truck lift periodically.
8. Ability to perform continuous fine motor tasks with hands, such as computer work, writing and manipulating documents.
9. Ability to safely operate a company-owned motor vehicle and comply with the Company's Vehicle Safety Program. Additionally, the employee may need to drive a personal vehicle on a daily basis to perform various tasks.
10. Employee is exposed to adverse seasonal weather conditions, such as extreme heat and cold.
11. Occasionally, the employee may handle hazardous drugs, chemicals and waste.
12. The employee is frequently exposed to noise and odors from motor vehicles, carts and freight equipment.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
You’ve known us as many names throughout St. Louis, and now, we’re bringing our hospitals, doctors, home care and other services together under one name – SSM Health. With seven hospitals, 350+ physicians, more than 40 physician locations and 12,000 employees, we are part of something bigger and better. We’re connected to a wealth of resources, expertise and advance technology to help you, your fa...mily and our community live long, healthy lives.
We’ve grown and changed a lot over our 143-year history. Our name may be changing but our mission remains the same