Registered Nurse license with the State of Michigan.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Education or related field with additional study in the areas of adult education and computer sciences.
Minimum of two years experience in a clinical setting required.
Certification in or experience in teaching preferred or demonstrated capabilities in classroom teaching and instructional design.
Ability to discuss clients needs and teaching needs with management personnel, encouraging their support for the understanding of the importance of training, learning curves, expected productivity, etc., for the overall benefit of the organization.
Creative ability to develop class agendas and materials and to present them in provocative and interesting ways. Writing ability for newsletter production and class manuals.
Ability to gain student interest and promote enthusiasm for and use of the technologies being promoted for benefit of our patients and the financial benefit to the organization.
Diplomacy and tact in dealing with clients, especially those who are beginning in the use of computers. Ability to encourage questions and increase understanding of the technology.
Experience in designing, writing and implementing nursing and ancillary department procedures preferred.
Proficiency with personal computers including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required.
Prefer experience with the following CBT development tools or similar software: Trivantis Lectora or Adobe Captivate.
Works under the general supervision of the Director of Organizational Effectiveness.
Must maintain a professional working relationship with all other members of the Staff Development, Information Systems Department, and Clinical Informatics Department.
Must maintain a professional working relationship with staff from user departments being supported.
May be required to maintain professional working relationships with other regional health care facility staff.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
X No clinical contact with patients
1. Support the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3. Promotes personal and patient safety.
4. Primary duty will be to coordinate, develop and provide education for clinical information system.
5. Acquires system use expert level competency through hands-on experience. Ability to test system for end-user functionality.
6. Reviews vendor supplied training materials and modifies as required.
7. Estimates training needs and potential savings to assist in annual budgeting process. Estimates costs of new training software and supplies to assist in yearly budgeting process.
8. Establishes and maintains all administrative procedures and policies as related to the operation of the clinical training program.
9. Supports training related applications as needed.
10. Prepares and maintains down-procedures for functional areas.
11. Collaborates with the Information Systems Department and Clinical Informatics Department in the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of clinical computer applications.
12. Prepares and modifies written lessons plans for all programs to be implemented.
13. Conducts classes and obtains qualified instructional assistance where required.
14. Assesses effectiveness of instruction.
15. Evaluates educational activities to determine if objectives were met.
16. Recommends material, supplies, and equipment to meet educational & project needs.
17. Prepares and uses audiovisual material effectively.
18. Applies knowledge of learning concepts to develop educational activities for the organization.
19. Serves to supervise and evaluate the skills and activities of new employees in training.
20. Develops end-user technical manual & other educational documentation for staff.
21. Project development to include but not limited to current state analysis, needs assessments, class number projection, budget projections, site visits, and education time lines and application demonstration to end-users.
22. Activation support and ongoing education provided to end-users.
23. Performs on-call functions as needed.
24. Responsible for coordination of educational projects.
25. Works with Information Systems to assists in preparation of and maintenance of electronic training environment.
26. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.