This position provides primary support for the Director of OHR Total Compensation and additional support for the management team within OHR Total Compensation. This position provides unit oversight of workflow coming to the Senior Director, manages priorities and schedules and is responsible for a full-range of assignments and projects that are both general and specific in nature. This position is the overall office manager and has discretionary authority and responsibility for carrying out his/her job functions on behalf of the Senior Director and the management team within OHR Total Compensation, and exercises independent judgment in prioritizing work and problem solving.
Administrative and Technology Management (60%) – provides primary direct staff support to the Senior Director of OHR Total Compensation and support to the Total Compensation management team.
• Provide oversight to the Senior Director’s calendar
• Manage all meeting arrangements to include meeting preparation, scheduling rooms, coordinating interactive television, WebEx and other audio-visual equipment, preparing handouts and agenda, refreshments and follow-up
• Serves as liaison with presenters and facilitators regarding meeting details.
• Handle all travel arrangements and expense reimbursements for the Director and the management team.
• Review, update and track budgets for the unit.
• Maintain confidential personnel information for the unit;
• Onboard new employees in the unit including insuring all paperwork is complete and that new employees are set up to function effectively.
• Assist with planning and making arrangements for OHR Total Compensation staff meetings, retreats, and other events.
• Compose communications, reports, and presentations.
• Maintain communication email groups/list-serves and OHR Total Compensation directories
• Gather and collects data for reports and decision making on behalf of the director and for OHR in general.
• Arrange data creatively into formats, which can be clearly conveyed and understood (i.e. presentations, graphs, charts).
• Assist director and others in creating and providing critical Total Compensation information to the University’s HR community and others, including new and revised policy and procedure updates.
• Ensure OHR Total Compensation office equipment maintenance and upkeep.
OHR Total Compensation Project, Policy and Research Coordination (40%) – assist director and management team with research and project coordination on confidential and sensitive matters, OHR Total Compensation strategic work plans, and other identified projects.
• Gather data related to total compensation topics.
• Gather and submit data, as requested, on confidential matters.
• Create and develop reports related to total compensation topics, policies, and compliance and research outcomes.
• Revise, maintain and monitor work plans and other related documents to include charts, reports, meeting handouts etc.
• With only general guidelines, works independently to handle projects from start to finish (i.e. office relocation, technology needs, and facility matters).
• Provide creative ideas and solutions for gathering, creating and developing data reports and charts, including metrics and analytics.
• Bachelor degree or a combination of education and relevant administrative experience demonstrating excellent organizational abilities to total four years
• Experience managing confidential information and ability to work with discretion
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills to ensure appropriate information flow to and from the senior director, management team and external constituents
• Strong computer skills and experience in Word, Excel, Google and PowerPoint
Two years’ plus experience in an administrative position at the University of Minnesota supporting Leadership and working effectively with multiple and varied internal and external constituents
Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to translates an understanding of leadership priorities into work plans and coordinate both short-term and long-term goals
Identify, organize and galvanize resources in order to produce an exceptional work product and a superior level of timeliness, thoroughness, and responsiveness
Two plus years’ experience managing budgets for a large administrative unit
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.